The course is being taught as a laboratory class. The analysis of the language structure and function is materialized via the experiential learning and the active participation of the students
- Coverage of basic phonetic and grammatical structures – A’ semester
In the A’ semester (Russian I ) the courses include:
- Phonetics – learning of the Russian alphabet – Rules of pronunciation and intonation -Basic principles of grammar (Nouns –noun genders – singular/plural – personal and possessive pronouns – adjectives – verbs (conjugations and tenses)
- Basic principles of syntax
- Short texts – dialogues
- Oral presentations
- Improvement in usage and understanding of the Russian language.
- Improvement of writing and speaking skills.
- Grammatical and syntactic phenomena. Speaking and writing. Vocabulary enrichment.